1 being on the outside or further from a center; "spent hours adorning the outer man"; "the outer suburbs" [syn: outer(a)] [ant: inner(a)]
2 located outside; "outer reality"
3 being on or toward the outside of the body; "the outer ear"
- Outside; external.
- Further from the centre of the inside.
outside of something
- Czech: vnější
Translations to be checked
- An outer part.
trade) the smallest single
unit normally sold to
equal to one retail display box.
- We ordered two cartons with twelve outers in each.
- Swedish: ytter
In general, the interior of something refers to the space or part inside of it, excluding any kind of wall or boundary around its outside. Commonly referenced interiors are those of houses and cars. It has different, more specific definitions in different contexts.
- British Columbia Interior, commonly called "The Interior", the inland areas of British Columbia, Canada, including but not limited to:
- The Columbia Plateau, Washington, USA, sometimes referred to as the "Interior Plateau"
- The Alaska Interior, a largely wilderness area, encompassing most of the state
- Interior Division, an administrative division of Sabah, east Malaysia, on the island of Borneo
- U.S. Interior Highlands, a mountainous region spanning eastern Oklahoma, western and northern Arkansas, southern Missouri, and the extreme southeast corner of Kansas
- Interior Plains, a vast physiographic region that spreads across the Laurentian craton of North America
outer in French: Intérieur
outer in Georgian: ინტერიერი